M.S. (Thesis) in Forestry (IFES, University of Chittagong)
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Forestry (IFES, University of Chittagong)
Post Graduate Diploma (Bangladesh Institute of Management)
|Blood Group: B+|
|Joining Date : 12/09/2018|
Biodiversity Conservation, Forest Ecology, Water Quality Assessment, Waste Water Characterization and Treatment, Heavy Metal Pollution and Mitigation, Phytoremediation, Wood Structure and Properties, Wood Utilization, Seed Biology, Exobiology
About Pinaki Chowdhury
Experienced lecturer with a demonstrated history of working in the forest and environmental services industry. Skilled in Research, Forest Inventory, Forest engineering, Biodiversity conservation, Wastewater utilization, Sustainable Forest Management and Project management. Strong education professional with a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) focused in Human Resource Management from Bangladesh Institute of Management.
A. Journal Articles:
1. Mree CL, Das S, Ray TK, Chowdhury P, Saha N (2020) Residents’ perception of ecotourism in Ratargul Freshwater Swamp Forest of Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Research in Agriculture and Forestry, 5(3), 1-11. DOI: 10.9734/ajraf/2020/v5i330083
2. Alam MR, Habib MA, Chowdhury P, Shill LC, Al Mamun MA (2019) Determination of ascorbic acid concentration in commercially available fruit drinks in Bangladesh. Asian Food Science Journal, 13(3),1-6. DOI: 10.9734/afsj/2019/v13i330112
3. Sarker MMH, Sonet SS, Hossen T, Rahman MM, Haque SMS, Chowdhury P, Chowdhury KJ, Tasneem A, Kabir MM (2019) Weeding effects on soil physico-chemical properties in artificial hill plantation. Biodiversity International Journal, 3(6): 287-291. DOI: 10.15406/bij.2019.03.00156
4. Chowdhury P, Hossain MK, Hossain MA, Dutta S, Ray TK (2017) Status, Wood Properties and Probable Uses of Lesser Used Species Recorded from Sitapahar Reserve Forest of Bangladesh. Indian Forester, 143(12):1241-1248.
5. Dutta S, Hossain MK, Hossain MA, Chowdhury P (2014) Exotic Plants and their Usage by Local Communities in the Sitakunda Botanical Garden and Eco-Park, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Forest Research, 4(1): 1-9. DOI: 10.4172/21689776.1000136
6. Dutta S, Hossain MK, Hossain MA, Chowdhury P (2014) Floral diversity of Sitakunda botanical garden and eco-park in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity, 22(2): 106-118.
7. Dutta S, Hossain MK, Chowdhury P (2014) Non wood forest resources of Sitakunda botanical garden and eco-park, Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal of Forest Usufructs Management, 15 (2): 101-109.
Experiences and Activities
1. Lecturer, Department of Environmental Science and Disaster Management, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali, Bangladesh (From September 2018 to Present)
2. Instructor, Forestry Science and Technology Institute, Chittagong, Bangladesh (From March 2016 to September 2018)
3. Associate Researcher, University of Chittagong, Chittagong, Bangladesh (From January 2014 to March 2016)