Ph.D. Scholar (University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia)
MS (Noakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.)
B.Sc. (Hons.) (Noakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.)
|Blood Group: A+|
|Joining Date : 05/10/2015|
Graphene, Fibre science, Nanocomposite, Personal protective equipment, Materials chemistry, Polymer science, Environmental chemistry, Green chemistry
Awards and Achievements
About Shovon Bhattacharjee
Shovon Bhattacharjee is currently on study leave, pursuing a Ph.D. as a Scientia Scholar at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, NSW, Australia. His research focuses on multifunctional graphene-fiber composites and Personal Protective Equipment. Prior to the journey at Noakhali Science and Technology University (NSTU), he worked in ''Square Toiletries Limited'', Bangladesh. He completed his B.Sc. (Hons.) and MS degree from the Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, NSTU, Bangladesh. In recognition of his brilliant academic performances, he achieved the "Chancellor Gold Medal", "Prime Minister Gold Medal" and Vice-Chancellor Gold Medal Award.
ORCID ID: Click https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1241-641X
20. Bhattacharjee S, Joshi R, Yasir M, Adhikari A, Chughtai A A, Heslop D, Bull R, Willcox M, Macintyre, C. R. Graphene- and Nanoparticle-Embedded Antimicrobial and Biocompatible Cotton/Silk Fabrics for Protective Clothing. ACS Applied Bio Materials. 2021. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsabm.1c00508
19. Bhattacharjee S, Bahl P, de Silva C, Doolan C, Chughtai AA, Heslop D, MacIntyre CR. Experimental Evidence for the Optimal Design of a High-Performing Cloth Mask. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering. 2021. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsbiomaterials.1c00368
18. L Rahman, S Bhattacharjee, M S Islam, F Zahan, B Biswas & N Sharmin (2020), A study on the preparation and characterization of maghemite (γ-Fe2O3) particles from iron-containing waste materials, Journal of Asian Ceramic Societies, DOI: 10.1080/21870764.2020.1812838
17. P Bahl, C de Silva, S Bhattacharjee, H Stone, C Doolan, A A Chughtai, C R MacIntyre, Droplets and Aerosols generated by singing and the risk of COVID-19 for choirs, Clinical Infectious Diseases, ciaa1241, https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciaa1241
16. Bhattacharjee S, Bahl P, Chughtai AA, MacIntyre CR, Last-resort strategies during mask shortages: optimal design features of cloth masks and decontamination of disposable masks during the COVID-19 pandemic, BMJ Open Respiratory Research 2020;7:e000698. doi: 10.1136/bmjresp-2020-000698
15. Bhattacharjee S, Macintyre CR, Bahl P, Kumar U, Wen X, Aguey-Zinsou K-F, et al. Reduced Graphene Oxide and Nanoparticles Incorporated Durable Electroconductive Silk Fabrics. Advanced Materials Interfaces. 2020;n/a(n/a):2000814. doi: 10.1002/admi.202000814.
14. Bahl P, Bhattacharjee S, de Silva C, et al. Face coverings and mask to minimise droplet dispersion and aerosolisation: a video case study, Thorax, Published Online First: 24 July 2020. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2020-215748
13. S Bhattacharjee, C R Macintyre, X Wen, P Bahl, U Kumar, A A Chughtai, R Joshi, Nanoparticles incorporated graphene-based durable cotton fabrics, Carbon, 2020.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2020.05.029.
12. MacIntyre CR, Chughtai AA, Kunasekaran MP, Bhattacharjee S, Engells TE. Risk mitigation of inadvertent exposure to biothreats to front line law enforcement. Global Biosecurity, 2020; 1(3). https://jglobalbiosecurity.com/articles/10.31646/gbio.59/
11. Debi SR, Bhattacharjee S, Aka TD, Paul SC, Roy MC, Salam MA, et al. Soil quality of cultivated land in urban and rural area on the basis of both minimum data set and expert opinion. International Journal of Human Capital in Urban Management. 2019.
10. Bhattacharjee, S., Joshi, R., Chughtai, A. A., & Macintyre, C. R. (2019). Graphene Modified Multifunctional Personal Protective Clothing. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 0(0),1900622. doi:10.1002/admi.201900622.
9. Bhattacharjee S, Roy S, Hosen MM, Das A, Aka TD, Paul SC, and Debi SR: Investigation of in-vitro thrombolytic and in-vivo antipyretic, antidepressant potentiality and analgesic activity with phytochemical nature of methanolic extract of Nymphoides hydrophylla. Int J Pharm Sci & Res 2019; 10(5): 2619-27. doi: 10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.10(5).2619-27.
8. Nath, M. R., Ahmed, A. N., Gafur, M. A., Miah, M. Y., & Bhattacharjee, S. (2018). ZnO Nanoparticles Preparation from Spent Zinc-Carbon Dry Cell Batteries: Studies on Structural, Morphological and Optical Properties. Journal of Asian Ceramic Societies, doi:10.1080/21870764.2018.1507610.
7. Bhattacharjee, S., Waqar, A., Barua, K., Das, A., Bhowmik, S., & Debi, S. R. (2018). Phytochemical and pharmacological evaluation of methanolic extract of Lathyrus sativus L. seeds. Clinical Phytoscience, 4(1), 20. doi:10.1186/s40816-018-0081-z.
6. Bhowmik, S.; Islam, J.M.M.; Debnath, T.; Miah, M.Y.; Bhattacharjee, S.; Khan, M.A. “Reinforcement of Gelatin-Based Nanofilled Polymer Biocomposite by Crystalline Cellulose from Cotton for Advanced Wound Dressing Applications”. Polymers 2017, 9, 222.
5. S. Bhattacharjee, M. H. Sazzad, M. A. Islam, M. M. Ahtashom, Asaduzzaman, and M. Y. Miah, “Effects of fire retardants on jute fiber reinforced polyvinyl chloride/polypropylene hybrid composites”. International Journal of Materials Science and Applications, Science publishing group, USA, Vol. 2(5), pp. 162-167, 2013. doi: 10.11648/j.ijmsa.20130205.13.
4. S. Bhattacharjee, A. Sultana, M. H. Sazzad, M. A. Islam, M. M. Ahtashom and Asaduzzaman, “Analysis of the Proximate Composition and Energy Values of Two Varieties of Onion (Allium Cepa L.) Bulbs of Different Origin: A Comparative Study”. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Science, Science publishing group, USA, Vol. 2(5), pp. 246-253, 2013. doi:10.11648/j.ijnfs.20130205.16.
3. Miah, M.Y., Robel, F. N., Bhowmik, S., Bhattacharjee, S., Paul, S. C., Hossain, M. J., and Hossain, M. Z., “Assessment of the Coastal Area Water Quality in Noakhali, Bangladesh”. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol.6(2), pp. 1116-1123, 2015.
2. Nahar UK, Shovon B, Chandra RD, Chandra SP, Shukanta B, et al. “Characterization of Beta-Tricalcium Phosphate (- TCP) Produced at Different Process Conditions”. J Bioengineer & Biomedical Sci 7:221, 2017. doi:10.4172/2155-9538.1000221.
1. M. Y. Miah, S. Bhattacharjee, A. Begum, S. Bhowmik, et.al. “Fabrication and Characterization of Differently Laminated Jute Mat-PVC Composites” MAYFEB Journal of Materials Science (ISSN 2371-8722) Vol. 1, pp. 28-40, 2017.
4. S Bhattacharjee, C R Macintyre, X Wen, P Bahl, U Kumar, A A Chughtai, R Joshi, Functionalization of Cotton Fabric Through Coating of Reduced Graphene Oxide and Diffused Nanoparticles Using Silane Coupling Agent, 9th European Conference on Protective Clothing, Hohenstein Institute, Bönnigheim, Germany, May 2021.
3. P Bahl, C de Silva, C R MacIntyre, S Bhattacharjee, A A Chughtai, C Doolan, "Respiratory droplets and aerosols: capturing their dynamics to understand its implications on infection transmission", 73rd Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Chicago, IL, Nov. 2020, DOI: 10.1103/APS.DFD.2020.GFM.V0044
2. M. L. Rahman, F. Zahan, S. Islam, B. Biswas, N. Sharmin, S. Bhattacharjee, " Maghemite (γ-Fe2O3) fine particles preparation from iron-containing waste materials: an investigation on structural, morphological, thermal and magnetic properties", Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR) Congress 2019.
1. L. Nahar, M. Y. Miah, A. Gofur, S. Bhattacharjee and A. Begum, “Synthesis of Biodegradable Polymer Composite from Starch and Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE) and Its Characterization”, 16th Asian Chemical Congress, NM-OP-40, pp. 275, 2016.
Books / Book Chapters
2. S. Bhattacharjee, M. Y. Miah and M. H. Sazzad, “Bio-gas and Bio-fertilizer from Municipal Solid Waste: Conversion of waste management problem into a renewable energy generating solution”, ISBN: 978-3-659-44542-2, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, AV Akademikerverlag GmbH & Co. KG, Deutschland/Germany, 2013
1. S. C. Paul, M. Y. Miah and S. Bhattacharjee, “Neem Oil From Neem Seeds and Applications: Reduction hazards of conventional pesticides”, ISBN: 978-3-659-46282-5, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, AV Akademikerverlag GmbH & Co. KG, Deutschland/Germany, 2013
Experiences and Activities
Employment History and Working Experience
30 July 2018 – Present: Ph.D. Scholar, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, NSW, Australia.
31 January 2020 – 16 February 2020: Visiting Scholar, School of Molecular Sciences (Professor Don Seo's Lab), Arizona State University, Tempe AZ, USA.
05 October 2017 – Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, Bangladesh.
05 October 2015 – 04 October 2017: Lecturer, Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, Bangladesh.
10 November 2013 – 04 October 2015: Executive, Quality Control Square Toiletries Limited, Rupshi, Narayangong.
Other Position Held
Assistant Hall Provost, Vasha Shaheed Abdus Salam Hall, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, Bangladesh (2016 - July 2018)
Fellowship and Awards
UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship (2018-2022)
Prime Minister Gold Medal Award - 2011
Chancellor Gold Medal in convocation - 2013
Vice-chancellor Gold Medal Award- 2012
Bangladesh Chemical Society
Current research Projects
Graphene and nanoparticles modified Multifunctional Fabrics for various applications