Ph.D. (University of Shizuoka, Japan)
M.Pharm (Noakhali Science and Technology University)
B.Pharm (Noakhali Science and Technology University)
|Blood Group: A+|
|Joining Date : 16/03/2014|
Drug delivery systems (DDS), Polymeric nanoparticles-based targeted drug delivery, Pharmacoepidemiology, and Public health
About Sujan Banik
Dr. Sujan Banik is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacy at Noakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh. He earned his M.Pharm in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology from the same university in 2011. He obtained his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of Shizuoka, Japan in 2022. Dr. Banik has more than 50 peer-reviewed publications. His current research interests are focused on 1) Drug delivery systems, 2) Pharmacokinetic control and targeted drug delivery, 3) Development of polymeric nanoparticles, 4) Pharmacoepidemiology and Public health. He received the President's Award from the University of Shizuoka for his outstanding PhD research. He received the Prime Minister's Gold Medal Award in 2012 and the Vice-Chancellor's Gold Medal Award in 2011 for securing the highest marks/grades in his B.Pharm (Hons) examination.
50. , Yamada K, Sato H, Onoue S. Development of Poly(lipoic acid) Nanoparticles with Improved Oral Bioavailability and Hepatoprotective Effects of Quercetin. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.2c00009 (PMID: 35353535, Scopus Index)
49. , Datta A, Ghosh A, Ghosh K, Debi H. The prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection in Bangladesh: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Epidemiology and Infection. 2022;150:E47. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0950268822000061 (PMID: 35156592, Scopus Index)
48. , Sato H, Onoue S. Self-micellizing solid dispersion of atorvastatin with improved physicochemical stability and oral absorption. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology. 2022;68:103065. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2021.103065 (Scopus Index, Web of Science Index)
47. Chowdhury S, Debi H, Amin MT, , Hussain F, Hossain MS. Association between COVID-19 and psychological disorders with possible mechanisms. Journal of Research in Pharmacy. 2021;25(6):799-806. https://dx.doi.org/10.29228/jrp.70 (Scopus Index)
46. , Ghosh A. The association of oxidative stress biomarkers with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Health Science Reports. 2021;4(4):e389. https://doi.org/10.1002/hsr2.389 (PMID: 34622023; Scopus Index).
45. Roy S, . Current prevalence trend of rheumatic heart disease in South Asia: a systematic review. Journal of Public Health (Berl.) 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-021-01578-y (Scopus Index).
44. , Halder S, Sato H, Onoue S. Self-emulsifying drug delivery system of (R)-a-lipoic acid to improve its stability and oral absorption. Biopharmaceutics & Drug Disposition. 2021;42:226-233. https://doi.org/10.1002/bdd.2277 (PMID: 33843079; Scopus Index).
43. , Ghosh A. Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in Bangladesh: a systematic review and meta-analysis. International Urology and Nephrology. 2021;53(4):713-718. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11255-020-02597-6 (PMID: 32789568; Scopus Index).
42. Noshin TF, Ali MR, . Increased oxidative stress and altered serum macro-minerals and trace elements levels are associated with coronary artery disease. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. 2021;64:126707. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtemb.2020.126707 (PMID: 33360647; Scopus Index).
41. Hassan MT, Das H, . A cross-sectional study to determine the prevalence of overweight and obesity among Bangladeshi adolescents based on WHO, IOTF, and CDC cut-points. Obesity Medicine. 2020;19:100285. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.obmed.2020.100285 (Scopus Index).
40. Roy S, Mazumder T, . The Association of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus with COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2) and their possible mechanisms. SN Comprehensive Clinical Medicine. 2020;2(8):1077-1082. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42399-020-00376-z (PMID: 32838148; Scopus Index).
39. Ghosh A, , Ahmed J. The methanolic crude extract of Garcinia lancifolia have significant pharmacological activities with potential sources of phytochemicals. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Research. 2020;8(2):06-12. https://doi.org/10.30750/ijpbr.8.2.2
38. Hasan MS, Uddin MG, Shoibe M, Mahmud AA, . Evaluation of anxiolytic and hypoglycemic potential of Cissus adnata Roxb. in animal model. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine. 2019;17(2):20180130. https://doi.org/10.1515/jcim-2018-0130 (PMID: 31647780; Scopus Index).
37. Chen U, Hussain MS, Mazumder T, Naim Uddin SM, . Neuropharmacological evaluation of methanolic extract of Costus speciosus Linn. rhizome in Swiss albino mice. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2019;9(5):217-221. https://doi.org/10.4103/2221-1691.259002 (Scopus Index).
36. Das H, . Prevalence of dyslipidemia among the diabetic patients in southern Bangladesh: A cross-sectional study. Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2019;13(1):252-257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2018.09.006 (PMID: 30641707; Scopus Index).
35. Zamsad M, , Ghosh L. Prevalence of overweight, obesity and abdominal obesity in Bangladeshi university students: A cross-sectional study. Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2019;13(1):480-483. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2018.11.015 (PMID: 30641749; Scopus Index).
34. , Rahman M. Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in Bangladesh: a Systematic Review of the Literature. Current Obesity Reports. 2018;7:247-53. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13679-018-0323-x (PMID: 30349968; Scopus Index).
33. , Hossain MS, Bhatta R, Akter M. Attenuation of lipid peroxidation and atherogenic factors in diabetic patients treated with gliclazide and metformin. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2018;23:77. https://doi.org/10.4103/jrms.JRMS_202_17 (PMID: 30181759; Scopus Index).
32. Das A, Sarwar MA, Hossain MA, Karmakar P, Islam MS, Hussain ME, and Elevated Serum Lipid Peroxidation and Reduced Vitamin C and Trace Element Concentrations Are Correlated With Epilepsy. Clinical EEG and Neuroscience. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1177/155005941877275 (PMID: 29788779; Scopus Index).
31. Ghosh A, , Amin MN, and Ahmed J. Evaluation of antinociceptive, antihyperglycemic, and membrane stabilizing activities of Garcinia lancifolia Roxb. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine. 2018;8(2):303-307. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcme.2017.04.009 (PMID: 29736386; Scopus Index).
30. Bhatta R, Hossain MS, Mogal MMR, Rashid MMO, and Akter M. Swelling and mucoadhesive behavior with drug release characteristics of gastoretentive drug delivery system based on a combination of natural gum and semi-synthetic polymers. Marmara Pharmaceutical Journal. 2018;22(2):286-298. doi.org/10.12991/mpj.2018.66 (Scopus Index).
29. Sen N, Bulbul L, Hussain MS, , Choudhuri MSK. An in vivo study regarding analgesic and anxiolytic activity of methanolic extract of Typha elephantina Roxb. Clinical Phytoscience. 2018;4(2). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40816-018-0061-3
28. Chowdhury A, SEN N, and . Prescribing pattern of antidiabetic drugs in type 2 diabetic patients of Noakhali city in Bangladesh. Marmara Pharmaceutical Journal. 2017; 21(4): 1010-1014. DOI: 10.12991/mpj.2017.24 (Scopus Index).
27. Mahmud AA, , Arefin S, Hasan MS, and Singha RC. Evaluation of anxiolytic and hypoglycemic activity of methanolic extract of Ixora cuneifolia in an animal model. Journal of Coastal Life Medicine. 2017;5(10):451-454.
26. Singha RC, Bhatta R, , and Hossain MS. In vivo pharmacological activities of methanolic extract of Tabernaemontana recurva Roxb. Journal of Coastal Life Medicine. 2017;5(9):389-393.
25. , Hury GA, Hussain MS, Chen U, and Chowdhury MRA. Evaluation of thrombolytic, membrane stabilizing, and antioxidant activities of methanolic extract of Tabernaemontana recurva Roxb. Discovery Phytomedicine. 2017;4(2):17-20. DOI:10.15562/phytomedicine.2017.40
24. Chen U, Afrin S, Ghosh A, and . RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Determination of Alfuzosin HCl in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Indian Journal of Novel Drug Delivery. 2017;9(1):38-43.
23. Chowdhurya MI, Hasan M, Islam MS, Sarwar MS, Amin MN, Uddin SMN, Rahaman MZ, , Hussain MS, Yokota K, Hasnat A. Elevated serum MDA and depleted non-enzymatic antioxidants, macro-minerals and trace elements are associated with bipolar disorder. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. 2017;39(2017):162–168. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtemb.2016.09.012 (PMID: 27908410; Scopus Index).
22. Bhuiyan MMK, , Hasan MA, Reza MS, Hossain MS. Formulation Design and In Vitro Evaluation of Carbamazepine Gastroretentive Floating Drug Delivery System for Oral Application. Marmara Pharmaceutical Journal. 2017;21(1):59-66. https://doi.org/10.12991/marupj.259882 (Scopus Index).
21. , Hury GA, Umaychen, and Hussain MS. Elucidation of Phytochemical and Pharmacological Nature of Methanolic Extract of Ixora cuneifolia. Asian Journal of Medicine and Health. 2016;1(5):1-7. DOI: 10.9734/AJMAH/2016/30130
20. Afrin F, , and Hossain MS. Pharmacological activities of methanol extract of Phyllanthus acidus pulp. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research. 2016;10(43):790-795. DOI: 10.5897/JMPR2015.5806
19. Sarkar MA, , Hussain MS, Ghosh A, and Hossain MS. In-vitro and In-vivo pharmacological evaluation of methanolic extract of Microcos paniculata stem barks. Current Drug Therapy. 2016;11(2):142-149. DOI: 10.2174/1574885511666160520154529 (Scopus Index).
18. Karmakar P, Jahan N, , Das A, Rahman KA, Kundu SA, and Sattar MM. Food Habits, Obesity and Nutritional Knowledge among the University Students in Noakhali Region of Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Study. Journal of Food and Nutritional Disorders. 2016;5:4. DOI:10.4172/2324-9323.1000201
17. Akter R, , Ghosh A and Rashid MMO. Optimized and validated RP-HPLC method for the determination of Clopidogrel in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Journal of Scientific Research. 2016;8(3):439-446. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/jsr.v8i3.28032
16. Rashid MMO, Ferdous F, , Islam MR, Uddin AHMM and Robel FN. Anthelmintic activity of silver-extract nanoparticles synthesized from the combination of silver nanoparticles and M. charantia fruit extract. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2016;16:242. DOI 10.1186/s12906-016-1219-5 (PMID: 27457362; Scopus Index).
15. Sultana A, , Hossain MS, Billah MM, and Afrin F. The Prevalence of Childhood Overweight and Obesity in the Children of Noakhali City in Bangladesh. Journal of Research in Obesity. 2016(2016), Article ID 216173. DOI: 10.5171/2016.216173
14. Nadia KN, Das A, Karmakar P, , Rahman KA, Hossain M, and Satter M. Exploring Women‟s Awareness about Breastfeeding and Health Benefits Using a Cross-Sectional Survey in Dhaka City, Bangladesh. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 2016;7(6):2410-15. DOI: 10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.7(6).2410-15.
13. Hasan MA, Sultana S, , Bhuiyan MMK, Reza MS, and Hossain MS. Formulation and In vitro Characterization of Hydrochlorothiazide Gastroretentive Floating Drug Delivery System. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Science. 2015;14(2):163-1170. (Scopus Index).
12. , Karmakar P, and Miah MAH. Development and Validation of a UV Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Vildagliptin and Linagliptin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2015;18(2):163-168.
11. Ghosh A, , Islam MA. In vitro thrombolytic, anthelmintic, antioxidant and cytotoxic activity with phytochemical screening of methanolic extract of Xanthium indicum leaves. Bangladesh Journal of Pharmacology. 2015;10:854-859. https://doi.org/10.3329/bjp.v10i4.23829 (ISI Index; Scopus Index).
10. Billah MM, Rana SMM, Hossain MS, Ahmed SK, , and Hasan M. Ciprofloxacin residue and their impact on biomolecules in eggs of laying hens following oral administration. International Journal of Food Contamination. 2015;2:13. DOI 10.1186/s40550-015-0019-x (Springer Publishers).
9. and Hossain MS. A comparative overview on good fats and bad fats: guide to control healthy body. International Journal of Health. 2014;2(2):41-44. https://doi.org/10.14419/ijh.v2i2.2903.
8. . A Simple and Rapid Validated UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Dapoxetine in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Indian Journal of Novel Drug Delivery. 2014;6(3):277-281.
7. Rana SMM, Billah MM, Hossain MS, Saifuddin AKM, Islam SKMA, , Naim Z, and Raju GS. Susceptibility of microorganism to selected medicinal plants in Bangladesh. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2014;4(11):911-917. DOI: 10.12980/APJTB.4.201414B362 (Scopus Index).
6. , Kaisar MM, and Hossain MS. Development and Validation of a Simple and Rapid UV Spectrophotometer Method for Assay of Linagliptin in Bulk and Marketed Dosage Form. Indian Journal of Novel Drug Delivery. 2013;5(4):221-224.
5. Ahamed SK, , and Hossain MS. In-Vitro Release Characterization of Ketorolac Tromethamine Loaded Matrix Tablets. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 2013;4(3):1140-1147.
4. Rahman MZ, Ahamed SK, , and Hossain MS. Release Profile of Losartan Potassium form Formulated Sustained Release Matrix Tablet. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2013;16(2):177-183.
3. Hossain MS, Islam MS. Formulation Design and Characterization of Kollidon SR Based Trimetazidine Dihydrochloride Matrix Tablets. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2012;46(2):137-144. (Scopus Index).
2. Akter M, , Hossain MS. In Vitro Evaluation of Oral Extended Release Drug Delivery System for Metoprolol Succinate Using Kollidon SR. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2012;02(05):188-192. https://doi.org/10.7324/japs.2012.2539. (Scopus Index).
1. Hossain MS, Rahaman MZ, , Sarwar MS, Yokota K. Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in Diabetic Patients living in a Coastal Region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 2012;3(8):2633-2638.
1. Banik S, Hossain MS. The prevalence of overweight, obesity and abdominal obesity in Bangladeshi university students. Journal of Obesity and Weight Loss Therapy. 2018, Volume 8. DOI: 10.4172/2165-7904-C6-072.
2. Billah MM, Rana SMM, Hossain MS, Banik S, Ahmed SK, Raju GS, Ali MR, Islam MA. 2014. Immunological and Inflammatory response in Diabetic Profile. Diabetes and Endocrine Journal. 42 (suppl 1), 23.
6. Banik S, Seto Y, Sato H, Onoue S. Lipid-based oral formulation strategy for improving nutraceutical properties of (R)-α-lipoic acid. 8th Drug Discovery Conference (December 13, 2019), Shizuoka, Japan.
5. Banik S, Seto Y, Sato H, Onoue S. Self-emulsifying drug delivery system for (R)-α-lipoic acid with improved bioavailability and stability in acidic condition. 34th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology (May 16-17, 2019), Japan.
4. Halder S, Banik S, Mibe Y, Rikimura S, Kuromi K, Seto Y, Sato H, Onoue S. Improved nutraceutical properties of (R)-α-lipoic acid via liposomal formulation. 139th Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan (March 20-23, 2019), Japan.
3. Banik S, Ghosh A. Evaluation of antinociceptive, antihyperglycemic, and membrane stabilizing activities of Garcinia lancifolia roxb. 4th International Conference on Pharma and Food (November 14-16, 2018), Japan.
2. Banik S. The prevalence of overweight, obesity and abdominal obesity in Bangladeshi university students. 20th Global Obesity Meeting (August 24-25, 2018), Singapore.
1. Banik S, Sarwar MS, Islam MS, Hossain MS. Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in diabetes patients. 1st International Symposium on Pharmaceutical Sciences: A Global Approach (26 February, 2013), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Experiences and Activities
1. 2022 The President's Award from the University of Shizuoka for outstanding research during Ph.D. studies
2. 2018 Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) PhD Scholarship
3. 2013 Awarded 1st Runner Up in poster presentation competition at 1st International Symposium on Pharmaceutical Sciences organized by USTC, Bangladesh
4. 2012 Research fellowship granted by the National Science and Technology (NST), Bangladesh for doing masters research work
5. 2012 Prime Minister's Gold Medal Award for securing highest marks/grades in B.Pharm (Hons) examination
6. 2011 Vice Chancellor’s Gold Medal Award for extraordinary performance in B. Pharm (Hons) examination
7. 2002 Obtained the First position in ‘District Hand Writing Competition’
8. 2001 Obtained the First position in ‘Upazila Hand Writing Competition’
9. 2001 Obtained the Second position in ‘Divisional Hand Writing Competition’
10. 2001 Awarded Feni Samiti, Dhaka scholarship for extraordinary performance in Junior School Examination
1. Annual Research & Review in Biology Link Editorial Team | Annual Research & Review in Biology (journalarrb.com)
2. Health Science Reports (Link Health Science Reports (wiley.com))
(LinkSujan Banik | Publons)
1. Journal of American College and Health (Taylor & Francis)
2. Child: Care, Health and Development (Wiley)
3. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy (Dove Medical Press Ltd.)
4. Lipids in Health and Disease (Springer Nature)
5. Biological Trace Element Research (Springer Nature)
6. Clinical Obesity (Wiley)
7. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine (De Gruyter)
8. Pharmaceutical Biology (Taylor & Francis)
9. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Academic Journal)
10. INQUIRY: The Journal of Health Care Organization, Provision, and Financing (SAGE Publishing)
11. Plos One (Public Library of Science)
12. Metabolism Open (Elsevier)
13. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Academic Press)
14. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education (Taylor & Francis)
15. Clinical Epidemiology (Dove Medical Press Ltd.)
16. Health Science Reports (Wiley)
17. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology (Elsevier)
18. SAGE Open Medicine (SAGE Publications)
19. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy (Dove Medical Press Ltd.)
20. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare (Dove Medical Press Ltd.)
1. Pharmaceutical Society of Japan
2. Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Japan
3. Japan Society of Drug Delivery System
4. Pharmacy Professional Council of Bangladesh